Wythe County Community Hospital
Under the direction of the Case Manager director or other supervisor, assumes the responsibility and accountability for developing, evaluating and directing the plan of care for assigned patients. Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients. Responsible for facilitating appropriate health care services throughout the continuum of care. Uses collaborative and systematic processes to assess, plan and coordinate the implementation of services that meet the individuals health needs.
A $10,000 sign on bonus is being offered for an experienced RN Case Manager.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse, and in good standing with the Board
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- BLS certification required within 30 days from hire
- Knowledge of utilization management and reimbursement mechanisms preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC word processing including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrates knowledge of coding guidelines.
- Possess thorough understanding of Protected Health Information (PHI) associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Basic Life Support
- Word Processor
- Verbal Communication