Three to five (3-5) years of software development and testing experience with Windows applications. Three (3) years software development and testing experience with Microsoft Visual C# .NET. MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or other technical field. Strong object oriented analysis and design skills. Experience with the following: C#, C++, UML, XML, WPF, WCF, TFS, Multi-threaded applications, networking, medical devices and user interface design.
Experience developing and testing software in a regulated environment following an industry or regulatory standard is desirable. Experience with Agile is preferred.
Experience with creating and executing white box test cases, test automation, unit testing, functional/component testing and creating traceable test records.
Experience with one or more of these: Silk tests, NUnit Framework, Microsoft Test Framework, FitNesse, Coded UI.
Qualities: Resourceful, dedicated to shipping high quality software by finding innovative ways to test complex software. Willing to accept challenges and learning opportunities in a positive and collaborative team environment, self-motivated, good team player, ability to accept critical feedback, good written and verbal communication skills.
Update on JO - need to focus on these skills.
1. Current hands-on experience with desktop-based C# development. Candidates with web-based C# experience are unable to answer deeper technical questions.
2. Solid experience with Multithreading, design patterns, object oriented programming and Operating Systems fundamentals such as process handling and resource contingency.
3. Hands on experience with developing applications with WPF, WCF using UML.
4. Experience with Medical devices or regulated industries is a plus but we can manage without those if a candidate has good fundamentals mentioned above.
5. Experience with C++ is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Windows Presentation Foundation
Windows Communication Foundation
C Sharp (Programming Language)