Labor & Employment Counsel
Provides legal advice to company personnel so they can manage HR issues while maintaining an acceptable level of risk. The position works with other company lawyers and business personnel to handle the day-to-day labor and employment legal matters for the business units within North
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Provide advice and counsel on legal aspects of HR matters
- Analyze non-compete/non-solicitation agreements for potential new hires
- Draft and/or review sales rep agreements and compensation plans
- Prepare/review policies drafted by HR in response to changing laws or regulations.
- Ensure that HR keeps all policies up to date in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Ensure that the business is in compliance with all FLSA requirements
- Assist Prevailing Wage Manager in interpreting prevailing wage law
- Conduct and/or supervise investigations into employee complaints
- Oversee outside counsel in collective bargaining situations
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Four to ten years of related experience and/or training
- 6+ years experience as a practicing attorney in the Labor and
- Employment specialty, whether at a law firm or in-house
- Experience in drafting, revising, and analyzing Labor and Employment agreements and policies
Experience in conducting Labor and Employment-related investigations
- Prevailing Wage experience is helpful but not required.
- Construction industry experience is helpful but not required
- Collective bargaining experience is helpful but not required
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- Develop and present seminars to company personnel on Labor and Employment issues that affect the business units.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Construction Engineering
- Employment Contracts
- Collective Bargaining