Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD
has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Project Engineer
to be based from one of our Sacramento, CA area
Responsibility will be but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the local multi-disciplinary Cameron Park team in providing excellent service to many of our local clients across the Sacramento Valley and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, primarily in Hydropower, Water and Linear Infrastructure projects
- Working with senior engineers to assist in preparing geotechnical reports and geologic hazard reports
- Perform subsurface investigations, sampling, and laboratory testing programs for obtaining site specific data to be used in design and analysis for a wide array of projects. This includes coordinating with permitting agencies and utility locating services
- Coordinate with construction inspection personnel and perform field inspection services.
- Support laboratory testing and field inspections for a variety of geotechnical projects.
- Perform on-site evaluations and condition assessments on proposed improvement sites or on existing infrastructure projects.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical focus.
- Master’s degree preferred
- California PE license preferred, or ability to obtain PE within one year
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in geotechnical field investigations, laboratory analysis, design and construction.
- SPT and soil sampling/logging
- Experience with AutoCADD and GIS preferred
- Experience with geotechnical software (gINT, GeoStudios, LPILE) preferred
- Experience with deep and shallow foundation design, slope stability, retaining wall analysis and design, MSE wall design, soil and rock anchors, and pavement design.
- General knowledge with geotechnical earthquake engineering, seismic hazards, faulting, seismically induced landslides and liquefaction.
- Experience with testing soils and concrete including nuclear methods and ACI methods
- Possession or ability to achieve Nuclear density gauge user training, DOT certification for transportation of nuclear density gauge, ACI Concrete field technician 1 certification.
- Have knowledge of building practices, soils, concrete, reinforcing
- Experience in preparing Geotechnical Data Reports, Geotechnical Design Reports, Geologic Hazard Reports, Technical Memoranda, and Geotechnical Baseline Reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong computer skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- Understanding and adherence to GHD’s values, codes of conduct and policies.
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Physical Education (Pe)