AmTrust Financial Services (AFS) is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant of Corporate Accounting in Jersey City, New Jersey. The AFS Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting of all holding company activities, including but not limited to: detailed maintenance of accounting records and related controls, intercompany journals and reconciliation, accruals, debt transactions, expense allocations, account analysis and reconciliations, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”).
- Perform routine activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and other month and quarter-end close activities.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of all intercompany activity by researching and resolving differences with other entities
- Perform quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate unusual items
- Assist with the preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll journal entries, ensuring accurate reporting of salaries and benefits
- Assist in preparation of quarter-end reports, including debt and equity summaries and reconciliations
- Support other entities and/or functions by resolving issues related to out of balance entries, providing detail behind intercompany recharges and answering questions related to Corporate activities
- Maintain accurate and detailed quarterly accrual schedules for Management
- Assist with the quarterly debt covenant compliance testing
- Create Procedures documents for recurring Parent Company activities and ensure adherence to those procedures
- Provide support to the Reporting team, as necessary
- Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, ERP implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 6+ years of experience (with minimum 2 years public accounting experience preferred).
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning Software (Oracle) and Hyperion (HFM) a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, identify problems and propose viable solutions
- Must be flexible and have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, plus an orientation toward continuous improvement are required
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-8777
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.