To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrimack, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist - Merrimack, NH
Getinge Group • Merrimack, NH
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Job Function Summary: The Human Resources Generalist will be accountable for developing and executing HR support tasks in alignment with the overall Merrimack site HR strategy. In addition, the role will be accountable for handling employee relations, hiring and other HR practices that contribute to the an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality and productivity. The role will directly support line managers and employees with HR related issues.
- Stay current with local, state and Federal HR laws, legislation, and trends, and maintain compliance with each.
- Onboard all new employees, such as new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations
- Support employees with any questions and needs regarding company policies, benefits, compensation, etc.
- Together with the Manager of HR, ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws relating to employee issues.
- Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations in support of corporate ethics and values.
- Supports planning and coordinating employee recognition/relations program.
- Assist in the development of personnel policies and procedures and maintain employee handbook.
- Assist in creation of new employee job descriptions and maintain current job descriptions.
- Assists with all HR communications efforts.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and Values of the organization.
- Investigates employee complaints, discrimination charges and assists in the resolution of employee issues.
- Monitors all Leave of Absence, disability and FMLA requests; communication and follow up as needed.
- Serves as the HR contact for Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Give guidance and interpretation of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Prepare required reports as well as special reports as requested.
- Performs other HR duties as assigned by management.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Customer focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess a high degree of accuracy and work well under pressure.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience; PHR desired.
- Two to three years previous progressive Human Resources experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); intermediate skills in MS-Excel
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and Federal laws pertaining to HR is required.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.