To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Corporate Tax Associate
CBIZ • Providence, RI
Posted 24 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZand Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 100 offices and more than 4,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
This position will be responsible for day to day tax function for its client’s tax operations with corporate entities and delivery of tax services including but not limited to tax provision, and tax compliance. May include a full outsourcing relationship with clients.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Oversee, train, and assist associate team members
- Able and willing to work at client location when needed
- Meet time restraints and deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of the global or domestic interim and year-end tax provision
- Lead person in charge of tax provision workbook and tax provision software
- Prepare tax account reconciliation
- Gather data and prepare schedules for tax and financial statement auditors
- Preparation of all federal, foreign, and state tax returns
- Assist in gathering data and preparing schedules to be used in preparing tax returns
- Prepare quarterly and year end estimates
- Begin to build and develop quality relationships with clients
- Gather data necessary to respond to audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Become proficient at tax research
- Assist with other projects as necessary
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs