Junior Cloud Support Engineer
Company: Fortune 50 Telecommunications Company
6-Month Rolling Contract (potential permanent hire)
As a Junior Cloud Engineer, you will work with the IT Operations team across all departments to maintain and improve our client's cloud and production environment. The team works as a key asset through the design, development and implementation of initiatives that span various platforms, to accelerate platform innovation across the company. This is a highly visible role with impact across many lines of business providing you a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with one of the largest companies in the nation.
If you're interested in getting your foot in the door with a Fortune 50 Telecommunications company, keep reading and apply below!
- Provide level 1 troubleshooting for application related issues.
- Troubleshoot application flows and customer interactions in the system and resolve trouble tickets.
- Monitor the performance of system hardware, network, and applications on daily basis.
- Perform production code deployments and support production validations on a weekly basis.
- Perform maintenance activity on Production and non-production systems.
- Maintain and create alerting scripts to enhance and pro-actively monitor application and server health.
- Build and maintain CI/CD and CV pipelines for supporting SDLC activities in non-prod and production.
- Run reports and analytics on metrics to ensure application performance.
- On-Call rotation primary/secondary support once in 3 to 4 weeks (includes weekends and off hours support).
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Must be able to work with an on-call rotation.
- Basic Linux/Unix OS proficiency.
- Experience supporting and/or maintaining Tomcat/Websphere application servers.
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills.
- AWS Certification
- Shell scripting - Perl
- Experience with the following DevOps tools - Jenkins, Ansible, Datadog, GIT and/or CloudFormation
- Experience with the following Business Intelligence tools - ELK and/or Tableau.
- Experience and knowledge with Shell scripting. Including Python & Bash.
- Strong SQL reporting and analysis skills.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Server Supported Gaming