This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration/Boiler Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift.Core Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections
- Demonstrate troubleshooting abilities
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The Employee must be capable of passing a Pulmonary Function Test.
- Capable of meeting the physical requirements of HAZMAT Technician.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the Machinery Rooms.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Complex Problem Solving
Good Manufacturing Practices