Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Outside Sales Representative Trainee
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage education or experience for a career in outside sales in the fast-growing rental industry
• Work with an incredible team of people that take the extra step and make it happen for the customer
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seekingan Outside Sales Representative Trainee. As a Sales Trainee in our Jumpstart Program, you will be gain hands-on experience during our 9-month training course encompassing all aspects of the Sunbelt Rentals sales process. Each individual will get trained on the vast array of products and services we offer and the resources that equip our sales team for success. Our goal is to blend class room training, job shadowing and hands-on activities as the trainee rotates throughout the business. Trainees will spend time in each of Sunbelt Rentals’ lines of business to truly understand each one’s unique offerings. Successfully completing the program will position you for an exciting and lucrative career in sales.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Must be open to relocation on successful completion of program
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates plus 1 year of related experience
• Previous experience in Sales or Customer Service preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and acceptable driving record history
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills; solid negotiation and influencing skills a plus
• Exposure to construction industry is preferred but not required
• High level of accountability, time management and willingness to learn all aspects of the business
• Bilingual (Spanish or Other) may be required based on location needs
Current team members must meet service and performance requirements
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Related experience may include: Account Manager, Rental Sales, Parts Sales, Service Manager, Customer Service Representative, Construction Manager, Tools Manager, Counter Sales Representative, Equipment Associate, Manager Trainee, Manager in Training, Skilled Craftsman, Brand Ambassador, Inside Sales Trainee
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.