To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Technician I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 9 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Manufacturing Technician I with our Manufacturing Engineering Team on our 4th shift (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 5:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The Manufacturing Technician provides and supports manufacturing equipment, materials and processes to production to ensure products are assembled in an efficient manner, meeting customer quality and expectations and on-time delivery specifications.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Maintain machine programs and profiles for new and existing product
- Aid the Product group in maintaining product routings, maintaining drawing packets, performing ongoing maintenance, and interpreting instructions/specifications for the floor
- Assist in process training on processes/products for Production and Support groups
- Maintain process instructions as assigned
- Aid group in coordination product facility moves as needed
- Assist Support Engineering in production startups on the floor
- Aid in maintenance of product standard routing times
- Participate as a proactive member of a Continuous Process Improvement Team, reviewing all necessary data and recommending proactive improvements on an ongoing basis
- Participate in monthly reporting analysis and data collection
- Coordinate schedules for new production equipment
- Coordinate the testing and qualification for new equipment, materials, and processes
- Assist in the training for new manufacturing equipment, materials, and processes as required
- Maintain the capital equipment & process capabilities list, as required
- Help with the disposition of used capital equipment, as required
- Stay abreast of equipment, material, and process trends in the electronic manufacturing industry
- Assist with coordinating the installation of hardware and software updates, as required
- Work with all areas, as required, on understanding and improving recurring manufacturing and equipment issues
- Drive corrective actions, according to applicable process instructions, to improve assembly quality and throughput
- Monitor work cell performance by reviewing the accuracy of routing standard times to actual times, process yield (PFS), utilization and downtime
- Initiate Corrective Actions Plans, Process Change Orders, shutdown/restarts and follow through to completion
- Initiate and perform mechanical and electronics repairs on needed equipment
- Identify work center layout issues to floor layout team
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
- Understanding of a process flow from customer documentation
- Capable of performing a process capability analysis
- Technically proficient
- Ability to work with and train diverse groups
- Demonstrate problem solving skills exhibiting creativity in developing situations
Level I: 0-3+ years in process and equipment improvements experience
2 year technical degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.