AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the movement of freight via all modes of transportation.
* As a representative of Cardinal the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for creating a pleasant atmosphere for employees, customers, carriers, and other vendors.
* Receive orders from customer and other Cardinal departments.
* Coordinate movement of goods from shipper to destination within parameters required by customer.
* Sourcing properly vetted and permitted carriers to haul shipment pursuant to requirements.
* Negotiating with carriers to secure proper payout based on shipment requirements.
* Confirming carriers are legally permitted to transport freight, commodity, weight, and dimensions.
* Confirming carriers have proper and current operating authority and sufficient insurance coverage for commodity.
* Notifying customer if shipment requirements are not able to be met, if there is an issue with any portion of the shipment affecting pick up or delivery or any other incidents in transit negatively impacting the performance requirements of shipment.
* Work with other team members and employees to make sure all requirements are understood prior to shipment being arranged.
* Make decisions based on best course of action and circumstances on a shipment-by-shipment basis maintaining service standards, profitability and fairness to customers and vendors.
* Providing customers and vendors with actual pertinent shipment detail, i.e. location of drivers, expected ETA.
* Maintaining a constant sense of urgency moving freight without sacrificing accuracy for speed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School or equivalent.
* Two or more years related experience. Not under an industry non-compete agreement.
* Strong customer service or sales background dealing with either customers or transportation providers.
* Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to negotiate a must.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, with the ability to operate our TMS system.
* Highly motivated team player with a desire to learn.
* Pay Type Salary
* Required Education High School
* Tucker, GA, USA
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Self Motivation