Warehouse Forklift Operator
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Hours: 8:00am – 4:45pm (Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Summary of responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting in a variety of warehouse duties, including shipping and receiving, unloading and loading trucks, fulfilling purchase orders (picking, packing), and keeping warehouse stocked with essential equipment. Stand-up and Sit-down Forklift experience required.
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
- Sort material according to type, style or product code.
- Record amounts of materials or items received.
- Accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner, using existing equipment.
- Assist shipping and receiving, loading and unloading trucks.
- Fill requisitions, transfer orders, replenishments or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items.
- Pick, pack, check and fill customer orders.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure machinery is serviced and functional.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Follow all safety codes.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the warehouse supervisor / manager.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- 800 Sku’s, small warehouse, heaviest boxes are 40lbs (avg is 20lbs)
Previous warehouse experience preferred
Basic math skills
Time management skills
RF scanner experience
1 year of previous Stand-Up and sit-down Forklift experience required
SAP experience a plus