To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Processor I
Navy Federal Credit Union • Herndon, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To process first mortgage loans in accordance with applicable federal/state laws, as well as Navy Federal's policies and procedures. To provide information to members regarding mortgage requirements, products and related services.
* Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
* Collect, review and verify documentation for mortgage applications
* Interact with members, other staff and outside contacts to resolve discrepancies, problems & issues
* Monitor mortgage loan process and ensure compliance with Federal laws, as well as, Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines and regulations
* Prepare loan activity reports
* Prepare loan closing documents for settlement and coordinate settlement dates with members, attorneys and realtors
* Process mortgage applications according to established laws, requirements, & guidelines
* Provide mortgage information to members regarding products, services, policies & rates
* Resolve changes, revisions and corrections with closing agents and settlement attorneys to ensure accurate and efficient processing of mortgage loans
* Apply and communicate knowledge of regulatory requirements, practices and changes to legislation
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
* Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
* Experience in work which displays increasing levels of responsibility and/or authority
* Experience in working in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Familiarity with Real Estate Lending systems, policies, procedures, practices and/or actions
* Working knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
* Effective skill analyzing and organizing problems or work processes for technical solutions
* Effective skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
* Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
* Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability