Description$3000 Sign on Bonus JOB PURPOSE:
Performs restorative nursing procedures that maximize the patient’s existing abilities, emphasizes independence instead of dependence, and minimizes the negative effects of disability with an attitude of realistic optimism under the supervision of a restorative nurse. Should be classified as a Certified Nursing Assistant Preceptor to meet eligibility requirements.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
2. May be required to assist with feeding of patients.
3. May be required to weigh patients.
4. Conducts passive range of motion (PROM), for upper and lower extremities.
5. Conducts active range of motion (AROM), for upper and lower extremities.
6. Provides assistance with ambulation.
7. Provides assistance in patient transfer (chair to chair, chair to bed etc.)
8. Provides assistance in dressing for upper and lower extremities.
9. Provides assistance in grooming and hygiene techniques.
10. Utilizes feeding devices (special plates, spoons etc.)
11. Assists with swallowing problems.
12. Uses facial exercises.
13. Applies splints appropriately.
14. Reviews requests for restorative and compares physician’s orders.
15. Conveys use of positioning and positioning devices.
16. Interviews patient to schedule therapy
17. Provides rehabilitative and therapeutic activities and exercises based on medical and social history of patients, as instructed.
18. Briefs patients of procedures involved in restorative care and prepare necessary equipment.
19. Assists in transporting patient to and from therapy room/area.
20. Follows the procedures involved in the treatment process.
21. Performs restorative care treatments in patients room as necessary
22. Reassures patient before and during therapy treatment.
23. Prepares patient for treatment by dress/position and administers restorative care in accordance with established procedural guidelines.
24. Encourages patients to perform or participate in ADL functions.
25. Instructs and supervises patient during therapy.
26. Assists patients in ambulatory training as necessary.
27. Provides that restorative care notes and documentation is informative, timely and descriptive of the treatment provided and of the patient’s response to the care.
#AL1QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Certified Nursing Assistant Preceptor MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one (1) year experience in long term care. Training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy practices. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Certified Nursing Assistant ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High School diploma or equivalent preferred Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Sep 27, 2021, 8:54:29 AM
- Certified Nursing Assistant