To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Internal Audit Intern
American Tower • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
The Internal Audit Intern assists the Internal Audit team by executing financial and operational risk based audits, testing SOX-404 controls and working on special projects and investigations in accordance with the internal audit plan. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting all work in accordance with Internal Audit Standards. This responsibility includes assisting in audit planning, performing internal audit testing procedures, and assisting in the preparation of internal audit reports that reflect the results of the work performed. Additionally, the Internal Audit Intern will follow up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. Work will include company-wide coverage, focusing on financial, operational and internal control processes.
- Support the SOX-404 process, including scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing and status reporting.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control and processes through detailed testing.
- Compile audit findings and recommend value-added revisions to systems and procedures.
- Follow-up on open audit issues
- Assist in confidential audits or fraud investigations.
- Participate on cross-functional efforts within the company to improve company operations. This includes, but is not limited to; project task forces, internal control committees, corporate-wide initiatives, process excellence teams, or other cross functional efforts).
- Support external auditors.
- Be ready and willing to learn new techniques and accept new challenges.
- Fulfill internal targets and departmental goals set by the Internal Audit department.
- Present results in a clear, concise manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented; able to work within testing parameters and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated; works well both independently and with a team.
- Open to improvement, able to process and act upon feedback from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and results.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), SOX, and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Practice Advisories
- Junior, senior, or graduate-level student.
- Possess or are actively pursuing a degree in an Accounting-related major.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.