Providing capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated system(s) Identifying trends or problems
• Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the system
• To maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, stage and production systems.
• To ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance
• To ensure continuity of the business processes supported by one or many applications / services
• Ensuring continuity and quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms. Tracking progress and escalating as appropriate unless resolution reached
• To ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components. This includes applications, web server components and databases.
• To ensure application and service processes and outputs are error free and complete.
• Identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate
• Ensuring appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested.
• Managing change control implications for designated systems
• Contributing to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability
• To ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
• Reviewing and ensuring complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• To undertake advanced administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
• To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
• To participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team. Experience: 3 to 6 years.