Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Product Manager to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5117
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Marketing
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, >60% of our transactions are transacted electronically with about $1B running through our web platform and we’re just getting started. We are growing our e-Commerce team and investing in forwardthinking digital solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in modelling data, and can drive results across business and technical teams. This is an opportunity to be a part of something special, help us build the future of digital at MSC, and really impact our delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
The position of Sr. Product Manager will drive customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products. The position requires regular communication with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Sr. Product manager will be responsible for one or more area of digital product, analyzing data and developing a roadmap to help us deliver a cutting-edge digital solution to enhance our customer’s experience.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drives the customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products.
* Works with predictive models, analyzing, creating user segmentation, and extracting insights that drive business decisions with a lens towards common-sizing and solution building in a global environment.
* Leverages technical knowledge legacy (SAP and IBM) and modern systems (SAAS), 3rd party systems and APIs to create a holistic solution.
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define scope, budget and transform the existing framework or design/develop new models to ensure a first-class customer experience.
* Collaborates with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders to understand requirements, define the scope of work, and build micro-roadmaps aligned with the vision of the digital strategy organization.
* Analyzes macro-economic trends, perform competitive analysis, size-up internal capabilities, and build business cases to support the portfolio of initiatives.
* Fosters a strong product culture within the organization.
* Collaborates with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in designing the best product in terms of customer experience.
* Contributes to long-term product roadmap and strategy development.
* Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
* Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related technical field or equivalent practical experience required.
An MBA (or equivalent) from a top-tier institution, or equivalent business experience is preferred.
Minimum of six years of relevant product management required.
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
Ability to interact with Engineers and Designers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
Analytical skills a must: spreadsheet modeling, pivot tables, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Strong knowledge and practical experience with business and technology strategy, business modeling, roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Business Process Modeling
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)