Apex Systems is hiring multiple Customer Service Representatives/Pharmacy Technicians on a contract to hire basis. Pharmacy experience is required.
Candidates must be local to Raleigh, NC; this position will start off working from home.
40 hours a week, Monday-Friday for $14/hr.
If qualified, please email your resume to Katie at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service (Pharmacy Technician)
Provide support via the telephone and/or Internet to resolve routine issues and respond to customer inquiries. Performs reviews of prior approval requests submitted by enrolled providers. Escalates problems to appropriate personnel when needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic computer skills including dual-screen use, copy + paste, and accurate typing at speed of at least 45 WPM
- Minimum of one-year pharmacy experience or pharmacy technician training or certification preferred
- Since we are remote right now, candidates will need to have reliable high speed internet
- Be able to work 40 hours/week with 8 hours/day shifts. Shift will be Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5 PM, 9:30 AM-6 PM or 2:30 PM-11 PM. Some holidays/weekends expected
- Performing under North Carolina's approved criteria that outlines policies and requirements this position determines prior approval for specific procedures.
- Answers incoming provider calls regarding prior approval request processing. Documents prior approval requests and associated history.
- Evaluates available information to validate prior approval requests. Verifies policyholder information, policy effective dates, premium status and verification of prior approval request eligibility.
- Sends prior approval request form to provider for updating, correction or completion
- Investigates simple to moderately complex prior approval request and determines level or resolution if appropriate; advises provider of status; assists in negotiating settlement and resolution of prior approval request.
- Identifies need for additional information; contacts appropriate source to obtain needed information.
- Performs review of prior approval requests for pharmacy program
- Adheres to strict deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at