Location Name: ,
Location Address: , , , ,
Relevant Experience Level:
Overview: We are seeking a motivated, team-oriented individual to provide project management and E&I technical engineering services to support a refinery process operations team. Projects include small and mid-sized capital and expense projects needed to properly maintain and optimize existing operating units. Projects typically range in size from $100,000 - $10,000,000. Management of multiple projects concurrently is required.
- Applying project management skills in all phases of project engineering from conception to closeout.
- Defining scope, developing cost estimates and schedules, and securing funding approval from management for small capital and expense projects.
- Developing and reviewing construction packages to ensure new installations meet MPC and all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Providing field construction support and final project installation sign-off.
- Specifying and purchasing of electrical/instrument engineered material for assigned projects.
- Providing E&I technical support on multi-discipline projects.
- Coordinating project specific work with in-house designers and outside engineering contractors.
- Conferring with management and project stakeholders throughout a project life cycle
- Managing multiple projects and assignments in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Interacting daily with project team members developing and executing project objectives.
- Providing E&I support, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills for refinery process operations teams.
- Participating in area LOPA reviews and incident investigations.
- Providing E&I assistance to the Area Teams during process unit Turnarounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 2 years post degree engineering experience in the refining or petrochemical industry is preferred.
- Prior experience with Distributed Control Systems is desirable.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, URL blocked - click to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at Email blocked - click to apply. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in URL blocked - click to apply. Right to Work Statement URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.