Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) Quality Inspector based in Henderson, NV. This opening is for Nights 12 hour, which operates during the hours of 6PM through 630 AM on a 3,2,2,3 schedule.
The Quality Inspector assures quality of bottles and the final package prior to shipment to the customer. Train new personnel on the importance of quality and on various plant quality systems and issues. The Quality Inspector works closely with the Supervisor and production employees to achieve a quality product. The primary duties of a Quality Inspector include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Compare product on each line with the production schedule. Informs Supervisor if items differ and takes appropriate action.
- Visual checks of bottles and box glue patterns on a regular basis for final packaging audits.
- Report all rejected defects to PMTs and Supervisor. Follow through until defect is corrected.
- Follow established procedures for defective products and gives all information to the Supervisor when product is put on “Hold”.
- Report completed rework of defective products data according to established procedures.
- May assist in training as assigned.
- Assist the Supervisor as required.
- Perform specified checks in accordance to Plant’s inspection plan.
- Verify correct operation of in-line inspection devices, i.e. - leak testers, vision systems, metal detectors and other appropriate automated inspection equipment.
- Complete all reports and forms for product and process documentation.
- Enter required data to plant’s Statistical Process Charts (SPC) database.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Assist in break relieves and helps out in production area when needed.
- Keep Quality Assurance inspection areas clean.
- Communicate about quality with other shifts and departments verbally and through written documents according to established procedures.
- Limited travel may be required.
A minimum of 1 to 3 years in manufacturing required. Minimum of 6 months quality experience preferred.
Quality Inspectors are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Packaging And Labeling
Statistical Process Controls