CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Owner Project Manager to join our Buildings OPM/CM Business Practice to support our clients in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts remotely from home. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to grow a team within a successful group. This position requires a passion for success and the desire to lead.
Responsibility connects us, empowers us, binds us to our community, and challenges us to do what is right. Clean water, safe roads, efficient energy, resilient power sources, and buildings that enhance their surroundings these are significant responsibilities we take to heart.
At CHA, we believe in responsibly improving the world we live in, and we ask our team to aspire to that ideal every day. At the foundation of our responsibility is our commitment to inclusion and diversity and choosing to treat everyone with dignity and equality. We also take accountability for making decisions that promote sustainability in our business and our designs. We are on a mission to reduce our environmental footprint and bring greener solutions to our clients. We believe it is our responsibility and work to do that each and every day.YOUR IMPACT
Our Project Management teams work closely with and on behalf of our clients to ensure the on-time, on-budget, high quality completion of a design and construction project. We actively lead a project and support the owner from preliminary planning and design through construction and project close-out with a focus on three core priorities: schedule, cost and quality.
At CHA, our Senior Owner Project Managers are skilled collaborators who are experts at problem solving and adapting and staying calm under pressure. The Senior Owner Project Manager sells and develops work with specific clients, ultimately leading to a seller/doer dual role, by understanding our clients challenges, building partnerships with them, and providing creative solutions to those challenges.
The Senior Owner Project Manager coordinates contracts with the client, subcontractors, purchase orders, daily correspondence, and all other project related documents. The Senior Owner Project Manager is responsible for all project financials, manages subcontractor payments, and communicates updates to the client, management, and project team during monthly project review meetings with operations.
Additionally, the Senior Owner Project Manager develops a specific health and safety plan in coordination with health and safety manager and is responsible for verifying that projects meet required QA/QC compliance as determined by Quality Management Plan.
This is a work-from-home opportunity that will require the Senior Owner Project Manager to visit project sites, Owners and consultants offices, and attend evening meetings on occasion.REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, architecture, science, planning, engineering management or a related degree is required; Masters Degree preferred
- CCM or PMP certification preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of project management experience required in public facilities, life science, or higher education projects.
- Experience with Connecticut agencies such as the Office of School Construction Grants & Review board a plus.
- Knowledge of Connecticut OPM firms.
- Experience preparing proposals, project plans, extra work authorizations and project closeout documents for projects required
- Experience managing project accounting processes to include project budgeting, forecasts and cash management required
- Experience understanding and interpreting client contract requirements
- Ability to track and oversee multiple projects required
- An articulate and persuasive communicator with the ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of MS Project and/or Primavera P6 preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively
- A self-starter who excels in a high-paced work environment and work well independently
- Ability to travel as needed required
At CHA, we are helping to build a world where thought leadership, social responsibility, and diversity thrive, and we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a highly talented and diverse team of individuals to help us do it. Our aspiration to responsibly improve the world we live in combined with hiring practices, training opportunities, and engagement with our communities reflect a company culture that is progressive and forward leaning.
We as an organization celebrate the values of inclusion and equality, and advocate for the full participation of all people in an environment free of discrimination. To support these values, we invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Cash Management
- Certified Case Manager