To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Offutt AFB (US Air Force Base), NE
- Bonny Smith
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Unix Systems Engineer
TEKsystems, Inc • Offutt AFB (US Air Force Base), NE
Posted 1 month ago
**Candidates must have an active TS/SCI Security Clearance**
A government integrator is in need of a Unix Systems Engineer SME to assist with transition.
Essential Job Functions
Candidate must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v.6 & V7
- Familiarity with Satellite Server or scripting languages like Puppet, Ansible Tower
- Build hardware and software technical solutions based on information gathered from submitted requirements documents and customer interviews.
- Develop project definitions and engineering estimates to include cost estimates and cost benefit analyses.
- Manage/perform implementation for technical solutions built.
- Provide inputs on technical refresh and life cycle planning for their systems assigned.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases.
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
- Prepare briefings and prepare updates on project/task status.
- Require frequent interchanges with the customer to determine customer needs and ensure what is implemented meets those needs. Provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
- Build UNIX/Linux servers, ensure security requirements are met, test servers/systems/software/hardware, and integrate/install them into the production environment.
- Ensure all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is provided to the Service Delivery team.
- Perform performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to Service Delivery.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.