Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we - Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and a more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We are transitioning the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent - want to join the ride?
We are currently searching for a person for a Sales Support (proposal development) role focused on supporting Wartsila’s existing global Sales Area team with technical proposal submittals through contract execution in the North America Area.
Selected person will work very closely with Wartsila’s global sales support teams, engineering and software development teams. Strong support link also to the local Area Sales as a joint goal of selling and delivering energy storage systems both as a standalone and in a hybrid design. The person will own the development and submittal of proposals; and work with the commercial engineering team, the marketing team to develop opportunities and the Delivery/Project & Operations teams to execute those opportunities.
- Minimum BSc or MSc degree in electrical/power engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Subject matter expert for Energy Storage in the AMER region including expertise in the technical design of systems and identification of the business models that support the economic case to deploy storage
- Work closely with the software team to develop time-series system models and perform simulation analyses for system sizing, performance optimization, and/or energy management algorithm development. Present simulation results to customers.
- Work closely with the existing Wartsila Sales team to help identify and engage with key customers/accounts within the area, and support and maintain relationships relative to Energy Storage
- Manage RFP response process including determining bidding strategy and partner selection and working together with such partners to submit winning responses and drafting the actual proposal
- Lead proposal creation for energy storage and hybrids
- Write proposal content regarding to specific customer requirements and unique value points for the integrated solution
- Create Design and create high-level as well as detailed system design drawings, layouts, schematics
- Specify appropriate system components, calculate component ratings and quantities, and create detailed bills-of material for material and labor cost estimates
- Interface with vendors to understand the form, fit and function of their products and services; and determine which products are best suited for an application or project
- Assist in developing software model architectures for various configurations of energy storage, engines, utility systems, and renewable generation to be used in grid tied and stand-alone power applications.
- Utilise value concepts & tools defining the right value solutions for each individual customer
- Assist in developing a hybrid power solution utilizing Wartsila engines, batteries, and renewable generation technologies
- Help further development of Sales Tools for energy storage and hybrids
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
- Experience with the energy storage and renewable energy markets, projects and products (bi-directional inverters, various battery chemistries, PV, wind turbines, flywheels, etc.)
- Strong understanding of utility generation project development process
- Experience with industrial control methods and SCADA systems.
- Able to read and understand system schematics, single-line drawings, mechanical elevation, and building layout drawings
- Strong written and oral skills. Must be a proven and competent English writer, able to create grammatically correct and properly structured English proposal documents.
- Competent with ACAD or equivalent drafting tools
- Understanding of CE, UL, IEEE, IEC and NEC standards as applicable to local region.
- Knowledgeable in utility systems and interconnection requirements for electric generators.
- Dynamic load flow modeling experience (PSSE/PSLF, ETAP or equivalent).
- Medium-voltage system design and construction background is desirable
- Passion for innovation, ability to adapt to fasting changing market demands, working independently and as a team member
- Willingness to take ownership and produce results
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong work ethic
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to travel as required (estimated 25-33% of time)
- Existing relationships with regional EPCs, Developers or IPPs
- Location: Remote
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
A successful candidate will have the ability to travel to other countries.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. The spread of COVID when working in customer facilities and project sites can lead to costly site shutdowns, for which Wärtsilä could be deemed financially responsible. Many local government authorities require proof of vaccination to enter the state or country, and many of our customers require proof of vaccination to be on a project site. In line with legal regulations Wärtsilä has implemented a COVID-19 policy on vaccination and testing to reduce the risk of transmission on Wärtsilä premises. Wärtsilä strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated to protect themselves and other employees.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Model