To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Data Solutions Developer/Engineer
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Acts as a key player in fortifying the company's internal data management program by transforming and migrating on premises data, business processes, and reports to the Cloud. Designs and implements the data architecture in Azure Cloud necessary to deliver analytics, data, products, and services to all areas of the business. Solves new and challenging problems on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment. Develops large-scale infrastructure for data ingestion, builds out a robust framework for transforming and validating data, automates the entire data pipeline, and develops the infrastructure for secure data sharing. Collaborates with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to consider long-term stability, resiliency, and scalability, while taking a user-focused approach to development and deployment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Utilizes strong knowledge of enterprise data warehouse design, development, and administration to build out analytics platform in Azure cloud.
2. Performs data transformations such as aggregations, joins, or data cleansing.
3. Builds and deploys a system for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
4. Manages and supports key enterprise database systems that provide critical data processing services to internal business applications and services (Azure SQL Data Warehouse, MSSQL Servers, Oracle, and future data warehousing solutions).
5. Provides access to transformed data for downstream applications or visualizations.
7. Utilizes a code base or repository with version control.
8. Utilizes one or more MS Azure cloud resources, such as Azure Storage, Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, or similar technology, to build or maintain data services.
9. Configures, connects, and maintains various work environments in the cloud.
10. Configures a technical service such as a database, version control system, or operating system.
11. Performs tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting issues around the data services platform.
12. Collaborates with others to accomplish technical tasks.
13. Presents technical work to a non-technical audience via writing and presentations.
14. Defines and implements best practices, standards, and processes for developing, testing and maintaining data products and services.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Work on documentation of the technical architecture for internal and client use.
2. Design, create, and provision data stores.
3. Build trusted and lasting relationships with clients.
4. Provide value to our clients through analytics and software tools.
5. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in related field of study preferred.
- Five or more years experience developing data warehousing solutions.
- Five or more years experience with SQL databases. Experience in data modeling & t-SQL development highly preferred.
- 1+ years experience in MS Azure cloud development or similar cloud technology.
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Hands on experience analyzing and developing/debugging Azure cloud services.
- Hands on experience analyzing and developing SSIS packages.
- Experience in performance tuning - SQL query optimization.
- Hands on experience with software release version control.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience in writing TSQL, ANSI SQL.
- Knowledge of batch, PowerShell scripting.
- Ability to organize and plan work in team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of formal information security standards and best practices, including database system hardening, identity management and database access controls. Knowledge of HIPAA and PCI standards a plus.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- International experience/exposure is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical understanding to non-technical business partners.
- Strong analytical/research experience for troubleshooting issues.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary, as system issues and implementations can sometimes occur during nighttime hours and weekends.