Medical Assistant - INTEGRIS Health - Edmond, OK
INTEGRIS has the most expansive clinical network in Oklahoma that provides medical care for all ages. Our clinics embrace our values of Love, Learn and Lead with our vision to be the most trusted name in health care for Oklahoma.
Come work in a positive team environment with INTEGRIS Health in Edmond. Earn great benefits including personal paid leave and retirement savings plan.
Full Time and Part Time available
Medical Assistant Position Overview:
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care by taking vitals, patient history, venipuncture, lab, x-ray, referrals, and patient phone messages as directed by the provider and/or clinical supervisor. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
- Contributes to the assessment/re-assessment of patients.
- Monitors and documents patient status.
- Participates in the development of the plan of care, including implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration (exclusive of narcotics).
- Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette.
- Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner.
- As needed by patient contact level, adheres to National Governing Board and Patient Safety Goals.
- May retrieve and transport medications.
Medical Assistant Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification/registration, or the ability to obtain certification/registration within 120 days of hire; OR
- The ABR-OE (Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry) or other nationally recognized credentialing allowing for electronic medical heath record (EHR) order entry; or the ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire.
- 6 months customer service experience preferred.
- CPR certification within 90 days of employment.