To safely lead, direct and monitor production operation processes for the timely manufacture of customer orders which best utilizes available resources and facilitates a high level of customer service. Follow and support corporate policies, procedures and guidelines while meeting company goals and objectives. Promote and support all health, safety and environmental standards.
Role Qualifications: Required & Preferred)
Associate Degree in Business, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent education and experience (R) Bachelor Degree with management manufacturing experience in metals industry (P)
5+ years industrial mfg. production/supervision experience (R)
Areas of Knowledge:
Primary metals & metallurgy (P), Supervision (R)
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
Interpersonal Relationships, Written & Oral Communication, Organization, Computer Literacy, Problem Solving (R), Leadership (R) Multitasking (R).
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
- Safety in all procedures at all times.
- Quality in every task to an appropriate level.
- Communication with colleagues and supervisors.
- Cross-Functional interaction with all departments.
- Priority setting to optimize company objectives.
- Problem solving within the role to meet company objectives.
- Process knowledge used in the job function.
- Productivity to furnish results in accordance with tasks assigned.
- Stewardship to protect all the company’s assets, both physical and human.
- Cost effectiveness.
- Manage the production processes to operate efficiently.Meet order and customer commitments while maintaining timely deliveries per published schedule.
- Coordinate production levels required to meet product sales. Inventory plan according to production planning schedule.
- Monitor and improve equipment downtime to ensure maximum operation capability.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and upgrades with minimum production interruptions.
- Audit the supervisor’s performance to ensure company safety, quality and production goals are being met.
- Monitor and update product flow capacity and identify capacity restraints, both manpower and machine that will restrict order flow in relation to published schedules.
- Develop and evaluate production performance. Monitor staff and machines to provide operating control, information feedback to production planning and control management.Analyze and correct schedule adherence problems.
- Participate in making decisions that affect production capacity, such as major maintenance outages. Propose planning alternatives to mitigate the effect of outages or other issues that would hinder production capacity.
- Coordinate with production planning to respond to the changing requirements for material which isn’t suitable for the original destination by adjusting the product flow direction.
- Insure that all personnel within the production processing group are trained and able to demonstrate a serious attitude toward safety in the workplace.
Complex Problem Solving