Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Assist and Lead to ensure equipment complies with all safety, environmental and other regulatory compliances. Track engineering expense and capital budgeting compliance. Assist to ensure the proper design, installation, modification and maintainability of new and existing plant equipment, buildings and facilities. Assist engineering and maintenance to provide the necessary support to the production organization in order to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Perform activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include assisting in training and instruction of appropriate team members and day-to-day floor support.
- Identify unacceptable performance through data gathering and/or analysis and technical knowledge of the product and process including waste.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 4 years' experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering and maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
- Equipment design experience and project engineering or project management role is preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology.
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings.
- Ability to interpret & create technical CAD drawings & schematics.
- Ability to understand & design modern safety control systems.
- Ability to understand & troubleshoot machine problems.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tyre companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineer.
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Machinist, Engineering, Manufacturing
Computer Control Systems
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)