No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Manager will be a part of a team responsible for the development, implementation, and long-term management of Optum’s Inpatient Case Management and Clinical Variation solution for a strategic client partnership. The successful candidate must be passionate about improving care delivery, effective at collaborating in a fast-paced environment and confident in their interactions with senior leaders, providers, and business partners.
The Clinical Manager will provide clinical expertise to lead Optum and client teams to improve efficiency in care delivery and achieve health system financial sustainability. This proactive, client-savvy professional will ensure seamless, consistent delivery across Optum business units and key client services.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Provide clinical expertise to optimize overall Care Management and Clinical Variation performance, advising leaders on performance management and improvement activities
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams through assessment, opportunity identification, solution design, and implementation
- Perform project/program management activities, such as monitoring client scope, creating work plans, tracking deliverables, identifying and mitigating risks, managing resource plans, and monitoring successful achievement of project goals
- Serve as clinical expert to support creation of artifacts or deliverables that effectively summarize findings, support fact-based recommendations, and provide appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Work directly with the frontline leadership on daily operations of case management and clinical variation solution
- Support service deployment and closely monitors performance to ensure financial viability and operational excellence
- Build trusting relationships with senior leaders, clinicians, and client stakeholders, leading with influence to drive change
- Communicate clear direction and delegate responsibilities to team members when needed, providing management and coaching
- Identify and document clinical process re-engineering opportunities including current and future state process flows
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field
- 5+ years of inpatient case management and/or hospital operations and/or provider healthcare consulting experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to senior leaders
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Living in St. Louis, Oklahoma City or Madison, WI or willing to relocate
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50-80% when approved by COVID-19 travel guidelines visiting multiple hospitals in multiple states, (Oklahoma, Wisconsin)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Registered nurse, Bachelor of Nursing
- Master’s degree in business or health-related field (e.g., MSW, LCSW)
- Discharge planning, social work, or/and utilization management experience
- Self-guided, motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple activities with little direction in a fast-paced environment
- Solid strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align clinical strategies and recommendations with business objectives to solve complex problems
- Highly adept at handling ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and mentor team members
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with internal business partners and stakeholders across a large matrixed organization
- Ability to develop, build and maintain relationships with clinicians and business leadership
- Experience with project turnaround/remediation and change management methodologies
- Experience in clinical transformation implementation resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Advisory Services, Clinical Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote