The Safety Manager supports all projects and divisions serving as a dedicated technical resource for high tech as well as commercial construction safety regulations and best practices.
* Lead and execute all safety functions for our construction projects.
* Work on-site as a hands-on Safety Representative responsible at the assigned construction projects to ensure the project is completed in an accurate, safe, and timely manner.
* Review specific site safety policies and procedures that align with company safety model OSHA, Federal, State, and local laws.
* Conduct on-site job hazard safety assessments, addressing specific needs of the project, fall protection, training, scaffold user training, forklift, and mobile elevated platform training.
* Perform safety inspections and implement control for hazardous working conditions or unsafe team member activities.
* Ensures all required records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted per established policies and procedures.
* Ensures job site orientation is conducted for every new employee on the job site.
* Reviews job hazard analysis and pre-task planning documents for scopes of work performed on project(s).
* Assists in any safety or risk issues identified as project progresses.
* Bachelors degree preferred and/or at least 5-7 years of construction safety experience
* Proven track record of successful OSHA ratings, loss-work records, EMR trainings, etc.
* Valid Drivers License with a good driving record
* OSHA 10/30, Dust Control 310, First aid
* Working knowledge of health and safety management systems.
* OSHA CFR 1926 standards or the state construction safety regulations.
* Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Strong computer skills-experience with Microsoft Office suite (Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Comfortability using and learning new technology
The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
GCON is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, GCON also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion.
Notice to all Employment, Staffing & Recruiting Agencies and Recruiters: We please ask that you do not directly email, call or visit our hiring managers. GCON does not accept unsolicited resumes and should any be received from a third party they will not be considered, unless a signed agreement is in place. If you would like to discuss becoming a preferred staffing vendor to GCON please contact our recruitment team who will advise you on the process
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Forklift Truck
- Management Systems
- Microsoft Excel