The Residential Direct Care Worker works in a residential setting servicing an adult population with special needs. Clients may be the Adult Mentally Ill, PWA’s or Vic.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
• Responsible for day by day care of the program’s clients including supervision of personal hygiene, social guidance, use of leisure time.
• Establish and work with clients on mastering independent living goals.
• Develop, supervise and run activity sessions
• Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervise activities
• May be called upon to work one on one with a client who is displaying significant stress
• Monitor the client to ensure that any necessary, prescribed medications are taken appropriately
• Ensure that the residents understand the rules and regulations of the facility in which they are housed and assist them in meeting them.
• Monitor clients for use of controlled substances, may be called upon to monitor urine testing procedures
• Ensures that security is maintained within the program
• Shares their experience and observation of the clients under their care with the treatment team and immediately brings to the attention of the supervisor any unusual issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
*Located In Ward's Island**
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
- Minimum educational level of a High School Diploma.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years regular in house experience working within a residential treatment program.
Diseases And Disorders