Position at techdash telecom Job Summary:
'Bring your own Truck' with gas, milage, and maintenance incentives
Tower Foreman will lead all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower Foreman performs construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction from the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.Essential Function:
- Direct and supervise the installation, removal, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Provide positive supervision and leadership to the crew from the beginning of a project through completion, ensuring safety and quality standards, budget, and timelines.
- Treat each site/project like your own business to achieve and set the standard for safety, quality, and productivity
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communications structures, to include guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions.
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
- Coordinate material drop-off and pick-up.
- Schedule site access with landlords.
- Collect and submit all closeout documentation per the deliverable timelines.
- Identify areas of improvement for crew and make training recommendations to management as required.
- Maintain tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site.
- Ability to read site plans and tower drawings.
- Utilize hand and power tools, and other resources to perform general construction work at cellular sites.
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 4-8 years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix on connectors and Antenna system.
- Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Ability to lead lower-level employees
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Must be able to safely climb while carrying tools and equipment of up to 60 pounds and work on a cell site tower using safety gear that is rated for a maximum working load of 310lbs, including the climber, tools and equipment.
- Familiarity of using PIM gear and PIM troubleshooting.
- TMO experience preferred.
- Trained in use of aerial lifts.
- Past Verizon experience or RTWP experience a plus.
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to motivate, lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures.
(BYOD) Bring Your Own Device. The company will reimburse eligible employees $30 per pay period/$780 annually for use of personally owned cell phones for business use. The employee understands they will abide by the BYOD policy and this is a requirement to be able to carry out their duties.
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
- Rescue certification
- OSHA 30
- Must be able to travel away from home up to 75% of the time, including weekends and extended travel.
- Anritsu certification a plus
- Lift up to and including 60 pounds
- Required to talk, listen, sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb, crawl.
- Climb and crawl in ladder racking if necessary
- Work may be required in confined spaces
- Endure harsh weather including but not limited to hot, cold, rain and snow.
- Ability to see full color spectrum in order to identify cable color code.
- Work Environment:
- Aerial Work Platforms
- Confined Spaces
- Financial Management