Manages assigned teams within one or more functional areas of Closing & Collateral. Manages 15+ FTEs (or with fewer employees if covering diverse disciplines and/or complex functions).
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily activities and ongoing strategic planning of one or more units within Closing & Collateral, ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with Bank, Division and Department policy and all activities of the unit(s) are completed in compliance with defined processes and regulations.
- Direct and monitor activities of assigned staff to ensure all organizational and departmental policy and procedures and external regulations are followed to minimize risks to the Bank from non-compliance.
- Provide leadership, guidance, feedback and training to staff.
- Compile month-end data for unit activities for distribution to and decision-making by management.
- Interact routinely with Division/Department management to discuss business objectives specific to the unit(s) managed.
- Evaluate unit processes, procedures and policies routinely and approve changes to increase operational efficiency of units managed.
- Maintain established service levels within assigned unit(s) and address escalations to meet defined business expectations.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The position has full manager responsibilities in directing day-to-day activities for a unit within a Department of Banking Services. Depending on the unit managed, the position may require unique technical expertise due to the additional complexity, size and/or breadth of functions. The position acts largely independently in managing unit activities and their associated risk exposure.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and relevant work experience, inclusive of a minimum of 2 years' work leadership and/or supervisory experience
Excellent customer service skills
Prior experience using tact and diplomacy
Strong knowledge of relevant spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software as required within unit managed
Education and Experience Preferred:
Call center and/or financial services operations experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong knowledge of departmental systems, documents and procedures
Proven experience to motivate team and handle conflict without alienating othersLocation
Millsboro, Delaware, United States of America
- Business Efficiency
- Business Planning
- Call Centers
- Customer Service
- Decision Making