Crew Coordinator - CNC Swiss Division:
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location:
Ave Maria, FL
Arthrex is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. We are actively seeking a Crew Coordinator for the CNC Swiss Department at the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL. Successful candidate will have at least seven years of combined CNC experience/training in manufacturing, with experience on Citizen and/or Star Swiss-type lathes strongly preferred. Work hours will be 3:30 p.m.-2:00 a.m. on a 10 hour/day, 4 day/week rotating crew schedule.
Assist Supervisor in the day-to-day activities within the CNC Swiss Department. Crew Coordinators take on the role as Working Leads. Successful candidates will possess advanced technical knowledge of the production equipment, Arthrex products and processes present in the assigned area, and will demonstrate solid leadership, communication, and mentoring skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs MO I, II and III duties as needed. Whenever possible, run production machines in order to maintain productivity.
- Assist in the daily mentoring and training of new hires and lesser skilled operators with the purpose of developing their technical skills to maintain safe and standard work habits within the production department.
- Verified that production parts are within specs, randomly check at the operator’s parts while still in the machine to help prevent bad parts moving to next operations.
- Performs final inspection of paperwork (Material Pick List, Traveler, and In- Process inspection sheet) and SAP (Production Tracking Software) numbers accuracy.
- Ensure proper utilization of all resources.
- Notifies Supervisor of any production, safety or performance issues as they arise.
- Answer questions, instruct, demonstrate techniques on matters directly related to; machine operations, work methods, shop practices and safety.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated and a role model.
- Assume responsibility for work accomplished on schedule and in accordance with job requirements.
- Follows through production priorities and assign resources accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor
- Request additional material if necessary following established procedures.
- Notify Maintenance Department through established system any equipment maintenance requirement.
- Support programs, policies, and procedures in order to help the growth AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
At least seven years of combined CNC Operation experience and training in a manufacturing setting required.
Extensive CNC Swiss experience (esp. on Citizen and/or Star machines) strongly preferred.
Basic computer knowledge (e.g., standard Windows applications) required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Proficiency with measuring tools and instruments.
Ability to understand and follow all established procedures.
Ability to interpret blueprints.
General knowledge of GMP’s and FDA regulations.
Knowledgeable in set-up of all required tools using the pre-setter and/or machine.
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficiency of machine shop support equipment - Grinding machines; Computerized Lathes; Computerized Milling Machines; Swiss Screw Machines, and Turning Centers.
Proficiency of machine shop measuring tooling - Gauges and Inspection Fixtures, Bore Gauges, Dial Indicators; Pin Gauges, MicroVu, Optical Comparator, Caliper and Micrometer.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above.
Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 50-70 lbs on a regular basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Replace Damaged Component
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)