The Welding Segment at Miller Electric (an ITW Welding Company) is looking for an innovative Software Scrum Master that will focus on developing software in support of Product Development. Primary responsibilities include design, development, and software support of commercial and industrial welding equipment via the agile process. In cooperation with the Product Owner, the Scrum Master will ensure software development is executed within the Agile framework in support of business and project objectives.
This position will require an individual with a foundation of embedded software training and experience and the ability to lead a team of software developers. The right candidate will work with the Product Owner to ensure customer requirements and business objectives are achieved in each NPD project. Each project will require team coaching, driving each sprint to a successful fulfilment, and backlog management with the Product Owner and other project team members.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with exceptional communications and interpersonal skills to influence with collaborative spirit and without authority. Coaching, promoting self-organization and facilitating software development collaboration is essential. This position will also require communication and teamwork across divisions in a decentralized software community.
In addition to collaborating with other software engineers, the ideal candidate will also effectively work with hardware, power electronics, welding and mechanical engineers. The ideal individual should be accustomed to working with a sense of urgency while balancing calculated risks. This individual must be self-starter and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
THIS SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation following the agile process
- Manage Product Owner and Stakeholder relationships to ensure the Scrum team works efficiently.
- Mentor / coach the team and lead by example through modular, testable code architectures.
- Ensure prioritized project deliverables to satisfy both project objectives and risk mitigation.
- Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs
- Champion the Agile process across divisions through software roundtable discussions and process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience of demonstrated record of accomplishment in embedded programming, to specify, architect, design, code, test, troubleshoot and support embedded applications in a team environment.
- One to three years of Scrum Master leadership complete with requirements management, backlog tracking, and IDE coordination (pull requests, reviews, merging, etc.).
- Proficiency in code and object oriented design (preferably C and/or C++).
- Experience with embedded RTOS, state machines, schedulers and interrupt driven coding.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting hardware technology (i.e. reading electrical schematics and using multimeters and oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with industrial fieldbus protocols and other serial network communications is a plus (ProfiNet, DeviceNet, CAN, USB, RS485, Modbus, etc.).
- Ethernet and wireless communication stacks is a plus (TCP/IP, UDP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
This position is located in Appleton, WI. Located just north of Lake Winnebago along the shores of the Fox River in Wisconsin, Appleton is a small city with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton combines access to top-tier entertainment, restaurants and breweries with the quaint charm of a small town. It’s a perfect combination that makes Appleton a premier place to settle down. URL blocked - click to apply to see why Appleton was voted one of the best places to live: Top 100 Best Places to Live.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.millerwelds.com/careers
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: Email blocked - click to apply.
Scrum (Software Development)
Rs 485 Standard
Process Improvements (Business)