Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The HRD HR Representative provides multiple facets of administrative support to the Human Resources Director. The successful HRD HR Rep provides administrative support for general clerical responsibilities for DC Human Resources such as; supporting talent program administrative needs, answering phone calls, managing calendars, ordering supplies, managing exempt personnel files and event planning. Additionally, the HRD HR Rep provides administrative support for specific Human Resources programs and initiatives, as well as, business related programs and initiatives. The HRD HR Rep will assist with Transactional Talent type work as needed.
- Maintain all talent program-related documentation, e.g. succession planning, IDPs, teambuilding, performance management, etc.
- Generate reports and metric data needed by HRD
- Exempt personnel file management
- HRD travel and calendar management
- Process exempt-level separations
- Event Planning
- Support HRD with vendor relationship management
- Maintain HR related bulletin boards and electronic sign messaging
- ESAT planning and coordination
- External Interpreter requests
- Exempt Focal Review & Mid-Year Review support & tracking for HRD
- Non-exempt Focal review preparation, support and tracking
- Backup, support for various Transactional Talent HR related work
- Order supplies, manage discount ticket programs
- Manage internal LOA communication and hours tracking
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Action Oriented
- Integrity & Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Graduate (or equivalent), college preferred
- 2+ years Administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate Level or higher with Word & Excel
- Proficiency with web-based applications such as; PeopleSoft, KRONOS, etc.
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Event Management
- File Manager
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Human Resources
- Law Enforcement