Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Initial Value Stream:
Shift & Schedule:
1st, 6:00am - 2:30pm; Mon - Fri
Jorge Bahena, Tool Room Supervisor
Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery and building facilities to support the DRIV manufacturing plant. This Team Member is a subject matter expert that completes duties of an advanced technical and/or mechanical nature that require specific training, licenses or certifications. Notify the Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact production. Adhere to safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technician support to manufacturing maintenance and repair. This includes the areas of Robotics, CNC, Tooling, Wire EDM, Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Machine Operations or Tool & Die. Must meet specific training requirements to complete assigned work.
* Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled and pursuant to work safety requirements. Complete job safety checklists and take appropriate action to ensure safety for the equipment and building.
* Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns of machinery and other equipment to reduce production downtime. Make repairs and updates to the building facility including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and painting.
* Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment or operational area if unable to resolve.
* Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
* Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and training.
Successful completion of high school or general education equivalent.
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family, but may differ between each individual position:
* Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
* Stooping: Regularly required.
* Kneeling: Occasionally required.
* Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required.
* Bending: Regularly required.
* Standing: Regularly required.
* Handle Materials: Regularly required.
* Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
* Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
* Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 40lb, frequently lifting objects 40lb - 60lb, occasionally lifting objects weighing up to 100lb.
Initial Duties Summary
This Technician's starting job duties will include repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting dies in the tool room and at punch presses, as well as performing changeovers per production requirements.
The preceding job description is intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Electrical Discharge Machining