To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Applications Architect influences the development and implementation of Information Technology (I.T.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She assembles detailed reviews of the enterprise and documents capabilities and conceives approaches to aligning technical solutions with business needs. This position assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture. The Applications Architect supports I.S. leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. He/She leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of capability frameworks at portfolio and enterprise levels. This position is involved throughout the project life cycle with emphasis on the initiation, feasibility, and analysis phases.
- Conceives solutions, builds consensus, sells & executes solutions across business areas, initiatives & products
- Supports I.T. leadership by planning & leading the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to all stakeholders
- Responsible for working with other architects in the development of strategies, roadmaps, & solutions
- Analyzes technologies aligned with I.T. strategies & roadmaps
- Drives new solutions to reduce technical debt & cost & increase business value
- Influences, reviews, creates robust documentation & presents to peers & senior managers to ensure appropriate communication & drive consensus
- Experience with highly available, large scale, multi-platform systems, developing software solutions, Web Services
- Knowledge of DevOps, Agile, OpenShift, InfoSec best practices, Database design principles, Cloud based solutions, UPS.com systems & business capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills, strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degrees in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent in work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law