To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Roanoke, VA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has a
opening for one of our clients in Roanoke, VA (no remote flexibility).
Our client in beautiful Southwest VA is looking for a Network Engineer to join their growing team. The client recently underwent several acquisitions, requiring a full enterprise wide network assessment, reconfiguration, and overhaul in some cases. The team is bringing on several resources to assist with this large, highly-visible project. An exciting time to join the company as re-vamping the IT footprint has been a large focus of leadership in 2019!
Apply now to become a part of growing program!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Senior knowledge of network technologies, design standards, and positive and negative attributes of those. Including- TCP/IPv4/IPv6 protocol suite, DNS, DHCP, Routing Protocols, Routing Domain architectures, LAN/WAN technologies, Data Center Fabric, Telecommunications Services, Information Security standards, Quality-of-Service, and Wireless Network technologies.
- A broad understanding of IT security standards and best practices for network infrastructure/service design. Including- PCI, SOX, HIPAA, Defense-In-Depth concepts, Network Segmentation, Data Center Service Isolation architectures, AAA services, Group Identity Structures, Layered Security architecture, and a Cooperative Policy framework.
- A strong understanding of enterprise application and service environments. Including- Web-App-DB application architectures, Enterprise Services and Middleware operations, and Shared Infrastructure services.
- A solid understanding of Cisco Routing and Switching including VLANs, Ethernet, WANs, LANs, Spanning Tree, vPC, Port Channels, and industry best practices.
- A solid working understanding of Cisco Nexus and UCS technologies, including Nexus Distribution and Access tier models, Nexus Spine and Leaf models, Cisco UCS and FI network architecture, APIC and SDN-based networks, and a multi-tier data center segmentation model.
- Proficient with network load-balancing technologies, including architecture options for those, services and server-farm implementations, performance management and optimization.
- Proficient with SSL service management, the implementation of SSL for web services, load-balancing SSL services, managing multi-site certificates and procuring certificates.
- Ability to understand the 7 layers of the OSI network model.
- Ability to understand WAN circuit technologies, such as DS, OC/SONET, DWDM, as well as the implementation, management and the associated industry best practice troubleshooting methods.
3-5 years equivalent to design engineer
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) desired.
- We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, competitive pay rates, PTO and paid holidays
- Health/Medical benefits, Life Insurance, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts to most major certification programs, access to multiple technical training platforms and programs
WHY SW VIRGINIA?
- Beautiful scenery Blue Ridge Parkway!
- Low cost of living
- Access to many major cities on the east coast within a few hours (2hr 20 min to Charlotte, 4hr to DC, 3hr to Richmond)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out with a copy of your resume to
Dylan Nelson, Professional Recruiter
at[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178