The Production Operator is responsible for performing one or more tasks, to process or manufacture the different assemblies or products produced at the facility, using the good manufacturing practices and good behavior.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assure that manufacturing operations follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Procedures as defined by Nordson Medical’s polices ensuring that FDA and Quality Standards are met.
- Performs production activities and manufacturing order completions in the order assigned on the production program provided by the production leader or Captain.
- Write and sign documentation upon completion of each step in the manufacturing build packet, as well as any other documentation that is required.
- The Production Operator must meet production standards, defined by engineering, as assigned per the parts per goal.
- Before starting a new operation or work, the Production Operator must be trained and understand clearly how to perform such activity.
- The Production Operator works under the supervision of the production leader or Captain and is required to follow his/her instructions.
- Attend regular meetings to update data, guidelines and objectives and provide the knowledge acquired to improve the situation of production.
- At the end of the shift, delivers the production area clean, organized and identified to the next shift. Waste and scrap material must be removed from the working area at end of the shift and dispositioned properly (according to procedure).
- Every employee must always work following Nordson Medical’s safety manual guidelines and is expected to have good manners to assure the highest level of working environment.
- In same cases, the production operator needs to set up the production equipment, review maintenance and calibration log before use them.
- Use and Follow dress code procedures for work areas (such as Clean rooms and silicon area)
- Work in the area and shift, assigned.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The Minimum level of education required: Elementary school. Jr school is desirable.
- In lieu of degree, up to 3 years in a maquiladora environment, may be considered.
- Reading, writing and basic math operations.
- Understanding of common machines, welding of small pieces and assemblies is a plus.
- A good level of communication in English and Spanish is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to understand and solve mechanical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with operators and partners.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to interpret drawings with medium degree of complexity.
- Basic math and metrology skills.
- Ability to use jigs and fixtures.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies.
- Values cultural diversity and other differences; fosters an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
- Basic knowledge to read and interpret charts and tables of information.
- Basic knowledge in navigation and use of the Windows operating system in a networked environment is a plus.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be stand, walk, and use hands and fingers, handle or feel, frequently required to talk, or hear, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Able to push heavy carts and drums in dollies.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to work in clean room environment, and use special gown, protection devices for ears, eyes and hands.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to traverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
• Job requires visitation of to various Nordson and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.