Location Name: ,
Relevant Experience Level:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform pre-trip inspection on equipment following Marathon Safety Policy and Department of Transportation regulations. Check truck for general operating requirements, and ascertain that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition noting inspection and deficiencies on the pre-trip inspection form.
- Drives a tank truck & trailer or tractor/ trailer to transport crude; takes all required readings and measurements before and after crude oil is loaded into transport tanks. Records readings and measurements including volume estimate on crude oil ticket and leaves copy at lease for producer.
- Performs post trip inspection making notations appropriately and accurately. Completes all regulatory and customary paperwork. Ensures truck and trailers are ready for service for the next shift, including full of fuel, clean windows, mirrors and interior of cab. Interfaces with mechanics in a courteous manner to relay problems or accept direction.
- Follows, maintains and adheres to all safety rules and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises including all DOT regulations.
- Obeys all traffic laws and drives courteously and professionally at all times. Serves as an ambassador for Marathon Petroleum by driving equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs proper measurement. Knows and understands the importance of good measurement practices.
- Maintains all required paperwork including DOT requirements and crude oil tickets.
- Possess the proper CDL with all applicable endorsements and a clean driving record.
- A minimum of one year experience related to crude oil trucking and loading and unloading crude oil.
- Good oral communication skills are required for this position.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Computer knowledge and skills to use e-mail and perform CBT training.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, URL blocked - click to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at Email blocked - click to apply. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in URL blocked - click to apply. Right to Work Statement URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)