Emerging Technology (OAS) Project Manager
Put a LIFT in Your Career!
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Emerging Technology (OAS) Project Manager
at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
The Emerging Technology (OAS) Project Manager
is an integral component of all HYG emerging technology solution orders. This individual will facilitate and manage the solution delivery of emerging technology projects ranging from Robotics and Automation, telemetry, and fuel cell technologies. This individual will lead all activities to ensure the successful deployment of technology projects. This role is responsible for meeting with customers to ensure project requirements and success criteria are realistically established. Maintain project stakeholder communications and ensure this yields delighted customers and dealers through keeping them informed and involved with product status and opportunities for input on the solution design decisions. This role will promote growth of existing emerging technology customers through the direct support of continuous improvement initiatives as a lead resource in providing Customer performance reviews. Customer reviews will also be a billable option available as an ongoing service to customers. Support departmental efforts to maintain and improve standard processes across transactional role types. Provide proactive support of customer concerns, while notifying management of potential risks with any assigned accounts. Coaches and leads dealers through the solution delivery process.
The successful Emerging Technology (OAS) Project Manager will have the following Key Accountabilities:
The successful Emerging Technology (OAS) Project Manager will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Directly manage the implementation projects for HYG emerging technology solutions. Partner with appropriate Hyster/Yale or Dealer Channel Account management to ensure customer deliverables and expectations are being met:
- Approach the goal of Customer satisfaction with the team by preparing for and facilitating frequent stakeholders meeting, promptly resolving and communicating issues.
- Review and confirm the customer options selected to ensure that the sales order matches the customers' requirements
- Ensure customer awareness in areas of value and return offered by the emerging technology solutions by suggesting actionable insight on how to drive savings or operational improvement
Managing the large and mid-size emerging technology projects, utilizing Project Management standards suggested by PMI. Establishing and maintaining project documents. Project manager as a billable option for telemetry orders.
Perform customer consultative reviews to outline:
- Service Management
- And other key areas highlighted in our emerging technology data set
Train dealers and customers to deliver the solution with excellence. Develop training material and online curricula as necessary, related to project implementations and consultative support.
Participate in team discussions to discover and act upon opportunities for improvement. Take a lead role to improve a functional area.
- BS/BA degree in business related field strongly preferred.
5 + years of relevant project management experience. Demonstrated presentation and training experience desired. In lieu of education, 10 or more years of experience as described above.
- Project Management Experience
- Customer applications
- Product management principles and solutions development
- Experience with emerging technologies preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task multiple and changing priorities with proven organizational skills in a fast-paced environment required.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing/sales and general business management. Ability to convert technical analysis into value propositions that are easy for customers and sales people to understand.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a Windows-based environment is a must
HYG US Greenville, NC (Headquarters)
1400 Sullivan Drive
Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.