About the team:
The Company Franchise Team supports the core of our streaming business. It is over 25 people strong and spread across three offices -- San Francisco, Tokyo and Europe. The team oversees Brand Management, Consumer Products, Events, and Commerce. The market is highly competitive -- offering the best experience across various verticals is essential to driving the growth of our ancillary businesses.
About the role:
Company is seeking a Head of Franchise Management to lead our ancillary business lines with a hyper focus on super-serving fans and expanding our revenue streams through further audience engagement on and offline. The Head of Franchise Management will own executive oversight of all facets of planning, development, implementation and execution of worldwide strategic franchise plans for our expanding catalog of anime properties.
This executive will oversee the Brand Management, Consumer Products, Events, and Commerce teams currently delivering significant revenue to Company’s overall P&L and pioneering new fan experiences. This position reports to the General Manager of Company.
The Head of Franchise Management will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership experience, business acumen, fan appreciation, account and franchise management skills. This leader will help us create the most amazing, memorable and shareable events, products and shopping experiences. This person will further expand our partnerships with key IP holders in the exciting and growing anime space!
A day in the life of the Head of Franchise Management:
- Lead a staff of 25 people who own the implementation of franchise strategies, sales, and account management, and the development of materials and programs for acquired and owned IP.
- Oversee development of strategic franchise plans that include seasonally driven marketing elements that support title exposure, product sales, creative initiatives, and fan experiences
- Drive B2C and B2B strategy and tactics to achieve company and title brand awareness goals
- Develop and manage budgets, prioritization, and resources to support the development and execution of franchise and marketing plans
- Builds and maintains relationships to closely collaborate with Marketing, Creative, Legal, Finance, Programming, Content Distribution, and International to drive financial targets, innovation, and a reliable and timely flow of information and materials related to managed properties
- Own the development, management, and presentation direction of franchise plans, marketing activations and brand guidelines for franchises/properties
- Ensure produced plans and execution include: tailored IP objectives, strategies, tactics, brand values and guidelines, retail thematics and sell-in tools, marketing programs and associated budgets
- Partner, mentor, and guide the continued revenue and subscriber engagement growth of Company eCommerce, the expansion and evolution of Company Events and Company Expo, and drive the elevation of relationships and progress of initiatives for targeted accounts with business owners
- Oversee global licensing team and develop best practice strategies to support global and local partners in all categories with business owner
- Identify and brainstorm unique ideas and executable programs to drive innovative franchise plans
- Ensures that all franchise plans and marketing activations are designed and implemented to meet specific measurable goals (short term and long term)
- Recommend and implement market research where appropriate.
- Manages annual tracking studies related to top properties
- Manage annual budgets and quarterly financial reporting on expenditures
- Works collaboratively with, Creative and Licensing to determine creative strategy for property style guides
- Participates in licensor/licensee meetings, when appropriate
- 10+ years experience in brand or franchise management, transmedia, or a related field with a demonstrated ability to lead dedicated teams and optimize business lines
- 5+ years experience in extending media beyond traditional distribution
- MBA preferred but not required
- International business (Japan specifically a plus) and global marketing experience
- Extensive experience with consumer products, e-commerce, and/or consumer events
- Expertise of strategy development, marketing principles and brand management
- Candidate must possess excellent demonstrated decision-making, problem solving, organizational and negotiating skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be willing to travel