To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sterling, VA 20164
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Care Manager
PSA Healthcare • Sterling, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
City: Northern Virginia
Zip Code: 22015
Clinical Care Manager- Full Time
Description of Responsibilities
Provide overall management and supervision of client care activities within the home care setting. Work in conjunction with other team members to ensure appropriate level of staffing and coordination of care in order to meet client goals. This position requires an ability to be flexible and work with all members of the health care team and provide ongoing supervision, clinical education, support, and evaluation to the nursing staff.
Location Director/Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Assume responsibility in coordinating care to assigned clients, establishing a goal directed care plan from admission to discharge which includes a comprehensive ongoing assessment of clients’ needs
- Perform on site supervisory visits to assess client, family, environment, and clinical care givers and complete follow-up documentation
- Ensure availability and proper operation of necessary equipment and supplies related to patient care
- Provide direct client care as needed
- Promote and manage expectations and satisfaction with internal and external customers
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nurse practice and nursing services, analyzing appropriate data and information to identify opportunities for collaboration with all stakeholders in order to improve services and patient outcomes
- Provide nursing updates and obtain re-authorization for continued care
- Provide ongoing supervision, orientation, training, education, and evaluation of clinical field staff
- Identify professional practice standards within the organization and identify areas of strengths as well as areas for professional practice development
- Contribute to nursing education and professional development of staff, students, and colleagues
- Participate in employment decisions affecting nursing staff, including hiring and termination as appropriate
- Maintain compliance in accordance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and professional standards within the state of practice
- Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with registered nurse standards of practice
- Provide best practice in delivery of nursing care to the appropriate population and adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice
- Base decisions and actions on ethical principles and foster a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory climate in which care is delivered in a manner sensitive to socio-cultural diversity
- Participate in call for after hour’s client care
- Promote an environment of quality and safe client care through participation, development, and adherence to the QA plan and associated activities and metrics
- If supervising Private Duty has a minimum of two years experience in private duty, home care, or health care and the knowledge, experience and ability to effectively administer the private duty program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- RN licensure in designated states as appropriate
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance with adherence to regulations
- Diploma, Associate, or Bachelor degree in nursing from state accredited RN program
- Strong commitment to clinical excellence
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to assess clients and provide direct client care as needed
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Possess critical thinking skills
- Valid Driver’s license and Acceptable MVR
- Frequent lifting and repositioning of clients
- Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional climbing of stairs
- Acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of touch, smell and taste
- Agility and strength sufficient to handle clients and equipment without assistance
- Must be able to appropriately respond physically and psychologically to emergency situations in the home or during transport
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other health conditions
Requisition ID: R0008114