To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilbraham, MA 01095
- Benchmark Senior Living
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Senior Living • Wilbraham, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Orchard Valley at Wilbraham, located on Boston Road, in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, has a 16 hour a week position available for a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician performs repairs (both minor and major). S/he implements regular and preventive maintenance programs that promote a sense of well-being and aesthetic appeal for residents and staff, and communicates with the Maintenance Director on the condition of buildings and equipment.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of bio hazardous waste
* Maintains a clean laundry room in an orderly manner and stores chemicals in accordance with product or supervisor instruction
* Follows standards and practices for the use of specific chemicals
* Demonstrates excellent mechanical skills
* Works effectively within the work-order system
* Performs general maintenance work (light electrical, painting, carpentry, etc.)
* Familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are misused
* Demonstrates the interest and ability to learn new skills and techniques as needed
* Demonstrates proper usage of chemicals and equipment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Possess good communication skills.
* Diagnostic abilities and skills in completing details
* Possesses the mechanical skills necessary for accomplishing repairs on systems and buildings
* Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
* Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
* Physically able to push and pull, equipment and furnishings.
* Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!