As a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) you are responsible for providing routine nursing care and ensure the med pass is completed timely and accurately in accordance with established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times .
- Must have a current Kansas certification as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) .
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA) m ust have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA) assists in passing medications to residents on their assigned unit.
- Prepare residents for therapy, activities, physician visits, religious services, etc., to include transporting residents to/from such activities.
- Prepares and administers medication documents, the right medications to the right patient at the right time in the right dosage by the right route.
- Assist residents with proper hygiene
- Bathe residents as assigned and in accordance with established facility procedures (encourage showers and other self-help measures/activities).
- Follow infection control procedures in accordance with established facility policy when isolation techniques are necessary.
- Chart required information every shift pertaining to the role of the c ertified Medication Aide (CMA) .
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
- Adheres to Company Standards for resolving consumer concerns.
- Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are protected.
- Annual evaluations
- D ental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Electronic documentation
- Employee appreciation events
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- V ision insurance
- Infection Control