JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Onboarding Specialist primary focus is the facilitation of clinician onboarding / cross-boarding activities and actively managing activities from screening, risk, handoff to credentials, after privileges granted and through the clinicians first year of employment. The onboarding role is an active role in facilitating and collaborating with downstream stakeholders as needed as all work towards meeting the clinicians anticipated start date. This role has an active involvement with the clinician from screening through the clinicians' first year of employment with the company in addition to any cross-boarding activities. The Onboarding Specialist develops an individual onboarding plan specific to each clinician and his/her associated facility (ies). The Onboarding Specialist works with the clinician and collaborates with all key departments/roles through each phase in the process to ensure a positive experience for the clinician and create a positive outcome for all parties involved. The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for initiating escalation activities prior to handoff to credentials, developing mitigation plans, communicating to all stakeholders. The Onboarding Specialist is a key role in assisting with other process area escalations and will collaborate with stakeholders and clinicians to assist as needed with escalations processes. The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating follow up activities and reminders slated to occur during the first year of employment as well as responding to clinician-initiated inquiries throughout the clinician's contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the onboarding / cross-boarding process for new and existing clinicians including but not limited to managing clinician expectations, creating onboarding plans, facilitating communication between all relevant departments, obtain and track onboarding / crossboarding documents, provide regular communication and support to assist in resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Autonomy to make decisions on behalf of the clinician as it relates to documents to increase clinician experience and retention throughout the process as well as influence outcomes
- Build relationships with all clinicians to support retention outcomes throughout his/her first year as well as building rapport to influence outcomes with other internal departments such as credentialing, recruitment, scheduling and clinician enrollment
- Provide project management / coordination skill set to achieve a well-rounded onboarding / cross-boarding process, working within multiple deadlines and clinicians with a consistent sense of urgency and escalation when appropriate to meet the demands of multiple departments, leadership and hospital medical staff offices.
- Use critical thinking skills and independent judgment to create and work through the onboarding plan for each clinician and escalate issues as needed
- Initiates collection of clinician documents on behalf of Human Resources, Credentialing, Enrollment, and Payroll, working in partnership to achieve anticipated start dates, clinician engagement and follow up.
- Facilitating clinician support calls with Credentialing and Enrollment as needed
- Assist as needed with clinician communication as needed to ensure return of applications (facility / payer)
- Collaborating with Credentialing as needed to monitor MSO processing and facility meeting dates to ensure clinician is kept aware of potential issues or missed privilege dates
- Ensuring end-to-end management status reports accurately reflect clinician progress
- Documents all actions, activities and maintains integrity of databases (SilkRoad / Teamworks)
- Collaborates and ensures accurate and timely handoff to Risk
- Utilizes systems for reporting and status follow up to ensure and monitor clinician onboarding activities
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to adapt to various onboarding / cross-boarding scenarios and personalities
- Participates in various projects as requested or assigned.
- Participates in an integrated work team as a responsible team member.
- Assists in the facilitation of the team process at TeamHealth by serving as an active member of team including attending all team related meetings; participating in team goals; being flexible and adaptable to change; establishing trust and respect for other team members; placing team needs first; and by completing all necessary training.
- Follows the norms and guidelines established by the team for communication, production, efficiency, conflict resolution, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal relations.
Note: In some smaller regions or service centers an Onboarding Specialist may also serve the role of Onboarding Support Specialist.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred and/or 3-years of experience using critical thinking and independent decision making judgments
- Project coordination and/or management experience a plus
- 1+ years of experience within a healthcare setting
- Possesses excellent communication skills and listening skills, and is extremely comfortable expressing ideas and representing the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in various computer applications, i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software
- Familiarity with technology and able to adapt to changes within technological updates, i.e. office equipment, cell phone use and software changes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to adapt to change and redirect stressful situations
- Ability to motivate people and teams to produce a positive outcome
- Process improvement experience a plus
- Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lit, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting/ carrying (15 pounds or less)
- Occasional standing/ bending/ stooping/ reaching
- Moderate to high stress levels
- Moderate to prolonged use of the telephone
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/ Computer
- Some overtime required
- Travel may be required
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.