Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era.
Let's Put Smart to Work. Discover what IBM can do for you
The Contract Closeout Financial Analyst performs review and close out of contracts held by IBM GBS Federal and ensures close out documentation submitted to the customer is in compliance with DCMA/DCAA, FAR, IBM and all contractual terms and conditions. Responsibilities include reviewing all contractual and financial documentation associated with the performance of the contract, generating reports from the accounting system, and preparing a closeout package. Research and analysis is performed on any discrepancies and ability to reconcile is needed. Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to work independently
- Document review and assimilation of signed contracts, modifications, invoice, expense reports, purchase orders, and procurement documents
- Interact with other functional departments, such as IBM Contracts, Procurement, Financial Analysts, and Collections in order to complete the overall contract closeout
- Reconcile and research discrepancies in financials using a basic knowledge of Accounting
- Work on multiple projects at a time and adjust quickly to emerging priorities on short notice
- Learn additional software and business processes in the context of contract closeout
- Learn and apply job costing principles used on government contracts
Relocation to the Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near LaVale, MD/Keyser, WV) and United States Citizenship are requirements.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.Benefits
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Mentorship. 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, mentorship and coverage for a diverse employee population.Career growth
Our goal is to be critical to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in you, our workforce, through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding your dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career dreams
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent.Corporate citizenship
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience in working in advanced levels of Microsoft Excel
- At least 1 year of experience in writing technical documents
- Associate’s degree (Finance / Accounting preferred area of study)
- Ability to lead a team and motivate others
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 2+ years experience in working in an advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years experience in writing technical documents
- Previous experience working with Federal Government contracts
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance / Accounting preferred area of study)
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint / Cognos Reporting Tools
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Use Statistical Method