To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Operations Support Analyst
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ensure coverage during 24 hours of the day, 365 days a year, covering the following key responsibilities:
Monitoring and Incident Management (1st Level fix, Notification and Escalation) of the Production Environment
- Monitoring of the Systems, Networks and Applications within the production environment.
- Diagnose and fix (based on run-book and knowledge) Incidents which are raised through Monitoring Tools, or via the Production Conference Bridge.
- Work with other teams to add additional run-books and maintain existing run-books.
- Work with 2nd and 3rd level IDS teams to implement Incident fixes, work-around and data recovery.
- Open, update and closing of OIR’s (Incident tickets) according to IDS standards.
- Escalations to IDS’s third party vendors and IDS teams according to IDS standards.
- Assisting in the investigation and/or the resolution of problems that caused Incidents, in scope of the responsibilities.
- Report on the details of, and process made to resolve Incident and problems, during daily and weekly production review meetings.
- As assigned through the problem management process, update and close Problem/Incident tickets and obtain reason for outage (RFO’s) from IDS’s third party vendors.
System and Application Production Readiness
- Updating run-book documentation including vendor contact information.
- Application and infrastructure availability checks and tasks at scheduled times.
- Configuration of Monitoring Tools and alarms.
- Execution of the Developer Intervention Process
- Production and pre-production deployments
- Approvers for production deployments.
- Participate disaster recovery, business continuity and workplace recovery events (practice and real life).
- Follow the Handover process documented to bring the next shift up to speed and highlight priority items or issues.
Education and skill set requirements
- IT based University degree or applicable experience within IT systems support and/or operational support of applications, databases within a Linux/Unix OS environment.
- Proficiency in Bash and working knowledge of a broad range of Linux core utilities
- Working knowledge of networking: specifically TCP and UDP
- Willingness to work shifts as the company requires and to be contacted after hours to help resolve issues where required. Candidates must be able to work unsocial hours and days, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Strong business English verbal and written communications skills
- High level of general IT skills with email and MS Office Applications
- Logical approach, critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills with an ability to identify the root cause(s) of a problem.
- Works as a team player – able to interface / liaison effectively with a variety of different kinds of IT and non IT contributors and personalities across the organization.
- Maintains effective relationships with individuals and the team as a whole.
- Able to build team morale and motivates individual members of the team effectively by recognizing their contribution.
- Shares own knowledge and encourage team members to share their knowledge.
- Identifies opportunities to encourage positive changes within operations.
- Achieve a high level of performance from self and team.
- Ability to be organized and decisive while under pressure, when managing urgent and critical production issues as and when they occur.
- Excellent time management skills - A structured and organized approach to their work and knows how to manage priorities and able to multi-task.
- Self-confident and assertive.
LOCATIONGA: Atlanta (New Northside Dr)
FULL TIME / PART TIMEFull timeIntercontinental ExchangeICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.