AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
The STC Business Unit of AMETEK is one of the leading manufacturers and developers of calibration instruments for temperature, pressure, and process control. We are also a leader in level measurement devices, continuous position sensors, hardness testers, force measurement devices, and retractable cord reels. In addition, we offer a line of material testing solutions.
At AMETEK STC, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and shape your career.
Summary: Responsible for the design and release of electronic circuits for use in industrial process equipment. Work closely with the engineering manager and senior engineers to design, develop, implement, and maintain engineering projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops new products and modifications to existing products from input of sales and marketing.
- Designs, reviews, and troubleshoots complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and analysis of analog and digital electronic systems.
- Generate new and update existing design schematics, BOMs, and release documentation.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in the building and testing of prototypes.
- Performs design verification and validation testing to ensure design meets specifications.
- Works closely with PCB designers to design and validate RF circuit designs on multi-layer PCBs.
- Prepares designs and documentation packages using Word and other engineering application software for both internal and external use.
Sustaining & Manufacturing Engineering
- Assists with product introductions into manufacturing, supporting sourcing and production departments.
- Support sustaining engineering activities including component substitution approval, documentation updates, and agency compliance recertification efforts.
- Reviews product designs to optimize component and manufacturing costs (DFMEA) on a continual basis to support manufacturing and cost reduction (VAVE) programs.
- Participates in customer site visits and design reviews.
- Supports sales and customer service to address customer needs as required.
General Engineering Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electronic Engineering from four-year college or university.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training in an engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting complex electronic circuit designs including the use of oscilloscopes, network analyzers and LCR meters.
- Skilled in the use of Altium (or similar) schematic capture and circuit simulation software applications.
- Participate in the certification of electro-mechanical products for use in hazardous applications.
- Experience in hazardous location approval including FM, ATEX, and IECEx is desired.
- Experience leading design efforts and coordinating design teams.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, as well as exceptional design documentation and project organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work under little supervision, able to adapt to changing design requirements and easily transition between projects to meet priorities.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
At AMETEK STC we believe in building a sustainable future for our customers, colleagues, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate. We take an active role in promoting real change, by contributing to a healthy, fair, and sustainable society in many of the countries our facilities are located. We call it #CareForTomorrow!
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Design Engineer
- Cost Reduction
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service